Saturday, October 23, 2010

Big world

Here is a peacock in India. Hema Bharadwaj took the photo:



This peacock lives wherever it wants to, in Albuquerque, and was photographed by Holly Dodd. Where it wants to live is wandering around the zoo. 🙂



Below is a picture I took of Holly and another zoo peacock last year.
click here for more peacock images

What do you know about peacocks? What do you need to know? Does what you know touch geography? Art, biology, or animal behavior? History, mythology or fashion?

You probably don't "need" to know anything about peacocks, really, but I bet you already knew several things.
__

1 comment:

  1. I know the funky sound they make. :) Our neighbours used to keep peacocks and they would wake me in the mornings, eating from my birdfeeders. :)

    Thank you for sharing the lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!