Thursday, April 12, 2012

A joyful process

Paula L / "Paulapalooza" wrote:

Okay, not all days will leave us feeling as if we are Julie Andrews spinning around on that mountain top singing "The Sound of Music," but so many of my days leave me with just that feeling.
. . . .

I WILL NOT GIVE UP THIS KIND OF LIFE. :-)

You know, I spent a good 30 of my 35 years in some type of structured setting, striving to please others and live up to their standards, which I convinced myself were my own. I feel that I will be detoxing from this for the rest of my life, and it's a joyful process. Living outside the box makes me a person at peace, a person people constantly observe as "always so happy." I used to be very good at "blooming where I was planted," which was of course not true happiness, and the strain inevitably showed. I am finally happy on my own terms, and the difference is obvious to me.
—Paula L

SandraDodd.com/day/paulal
photo by Sandra Dodd

2 comments:

  1. Sandra - I like your posts. This one about "detoxing" struck a cord for me.

    I was in my late twenties when I realized I had freewill and could choose to get out of the box. Some of my friends and family were not happy with me.

    At 64, I am still detoxing from that early training. I am happy to report I have made good progress. I have learned to listen to the wisdom of my body and intuition. It has made a huge difference in my life.

    Blessings to you as you continue your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elaine, for the note. I hope Paula will come by and see it. I'm grateful to the other unschooling parents who have written things worth keeping and sharing back out again. Thank you for sharing your experience here.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!